Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ahenshaw
Frequent Visitor

Can Include and Exclude Change Calculated Measures?

Hello, I have two cards showing the average unit cost and the standard deviation. When I exclude a data point on the visual, the average and SD will change on the visual but it does not chnage the caluclations performed that are displayed on the card. Any way to do that?

Current DAX formulas are:

Average Unit Cost = AVERAGE('WBS11 Data'[Unit Cost])

Standard Deviation = STDEV.P('WBS11 Data'[Unit Cost])

Ahenshaw_0-1644865151867.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ahenshaw ,

According to your statement, I know your problem is that when you use Include/Exculde option, your measure will not be filtered by Include/Exculde. It is not the same like Filter function. I think Include/Exculde is an option to remove some points in visible to make it easier for you to focus on the points you need. So I suggest you to create a slicer or use filter function directly.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahenshaw
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak Yes, it is turned on and the scatter plot is set to filter everything on this page. If i select a scatter plot point, it works as intended but if I include or exclude a data point, it does not update the cards accordingly.

In the photo below, I selected one single data point (it highlights it) and then changes the cards but if I were to have right clicked and selected "Include", it will not perform the same functionality. I need the cards to reflect only the data points that are currently visible on the scatter plot.

Ahenshaw_1-1644932333658.png

Hi @Ahenshaw ,

According to your statement, I know your problem is that when you use Include/Exculde option, your measure will not be filtered by Include/Exculde. It is not the same like Filter function. I think Include/Exculde is an option to remove some points in visible to make it easier for you to focus on the points you need. So I suggest you to create a slicer or use filter function directly.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. I had a feeling that was the case. I have accepted your response as a solution. I appreciate your help!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Ahenshaw , is visual interaction on between the scatter visual and card?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.