Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

redalert787
Helper II
Helper II

Calculating a products % of different category levels

Hello power bi community, 

I've been working on this question for a while and have read some previous posts that seemed similar and tried to implement them to no avail. I'm hoping someone here can help. 

I work for a clothing company and I would like to include in our sales report what % a product makes up of the different levels of our product hierarchy. 

In this case, all the data is coming from the same table (The table is name "all sales and inventory"). There are two product hierarchies that I would like to see what % the product makes up a share of. For example, I would like to see how much Product A makes up in Footwear, then in the same table see how much Product B makes up in Apparel. But then I'd like to see how much of the share of sales both of them contributed in Softgoods which is the top product hierarchy that contains all footwear and apparel. 

The various matrix tables in my report are filtered for different time periods so ideally the calculation will work no-matter what the filter on the time period. 

Here is a snapshot of my current table where you can see the product name ("Article name"), and the 2 product hierarchies next to it. Ideally I would like to show next to the net sales for this time period 2 columns that shows what % the products made up in those category levels:

redalert787_0-1634310227025.png

Thanks, 

ARdi 

1 REPLY 1
smpa01
Super User
Super User

@redalert787  Do the tour first https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523#M6071...

Question moves really first here with sample data 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.