Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

yeshk

Calculating Fraction in power bi

I have a table with multiple columns which comes from different data sources. in which 2 columns are Actual Number and Expected Number(both are measures). I have to create a new column in the table which just shows Actual Number/Expected Number.

Few rows have blanks for both Actual and Expected, for which i have to show "N/A". I was able to acheive the first part where we just show actual/expected, But challenge is when changing the logic to show N/A for blank values of actual and expected columns.

what i tried:

Created a measure,This works perfectly for non-blanks

IF([Actual] >0,[Actual]&"/"&[Expected])

I changed the measure to this to show N/A for blanks:

IF(ISBLANK([Actual]) ||ISBLANK([Expected]),"N/A",IF([Actual] >0,[Actual]&"/"&[Expected]))

when i try the above, the no of rows in the table drastically increases creating duplicates and i get many records with "N/A", where i only have 1 row which has blank actual/expected. Im unsure what is causing the issue and want to know what is the best way to approach this. Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
ShivangDalal

Are you making a calculated column or a measure? Making a calculated column might help.

im creating a measure, so youre saying i should create a column? beacuse both actual and expected are measures already

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.