Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gjayne84
Helper I
Helper I

Calculated Field Issue

Hi everyone

I have a strange issue with a calculated column that I've setup.  The formula for this column is below:

RiskColour = IF('Table1'[Risk] = "1 - Low",1, IF('Table1'[Risk] = "2 - Medium",2, IF('Table1'[Risk] = "3 - High",3,0)))

This column should return a number between 1 and 3 based on the risk text value.  If the risk doesn't match any of these values (which shouldn't happen as this is a mandatroy field in a SharePoint Online list) then the column should return 0.

However when I add this column to my table visualisation in PBI Desktop I get the following:

Capture.PNG

Can anyone see any reason why the first record would return 4 for this calculated column?  Every other record is correct but for some reason the top record has returned 4 even though the formula in my calculated column should never return 4?

Any assistance with this would be gratefully received as I can't see why this is happpening.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click on the right button "don't summarize" in the RiskColour values!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click on the right button "don't summarize" in the RiskColour values!

@Anonymousperfect, that's working now.  Thank you for such a quick reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.