Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Elisa112
Helper II
Helper II

Calculate a future date from a date column

Hi Experts

I am trying to calculate a future date (3 months) from the last appointment date for our users.  This will allow us to cancel membership 3 months from the last appointment.  My summary table data looks like this

Elisa112_0-1709566122204.png

I now need a column which provides the date 3 months from the last attended appointment.  I have tried the dateadd function but get an error.

thank  you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Elisa112 ,

@amitchandak nice method! Thank you, for your quick response and the solution provided.
And based on the sample and description you provided, you can also try code as below to create a Calculated column.

FutureDate = 
EDATE ( 'Table'[Last appointment date], 3 )

Result is as below.

vweiyan1msft_0-1709626274043.png

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Elisa112 ,

@amitchandak nice method! Thank you, for your quick response and the solution provided.
And based on the sample and description you provided, you can also try code as below to create a Calculated column.

FutureDate = 
EDATE ( 'Table'[Last appointment date], 3 )

Result is as below.

vweiyan1msft_0-1709626274043.png

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Elisa112 , Create a new column

New Date = date(year([Date]), month([Date])+3, day([Date]) )

@amitchandak thanks for your help as well. I am going to look at your solution to understand this method.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.