Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TK12345
Resolver I
Resolver I

Calculate SAMEPERIODLAST YEAR based on a 4 weeks calendar

Hi all, 

I have a calendar table with 4 weeks per period and 13 periods per year. I also have a few columns like SeqPeriod and SeqWeek, these start with 1 up to the end of the calendar table. 

So the problem is, in this 4 weeks calendar we can have Day 1 of Week 1 of Period 1 that COULD be 30 december of the year before. So we can not use the Sameperiodlastyear function. 

So for Example I have a matrix with Year 2021, Period P202101 to P202113 and week W202101 to W202152 and a value for orders. I would like to see the orders for sameperiod last year. So in 2021 I would like to see a value for 2021 for example 100 and a value for sameperiodlast year so 2020 for example 80. When I Expand to periods I would like to see a value for P202101 and for sameperiodlastyear so for P202001, same for weeks. 

TK12345_0-1682078264205.png

Who could help me out?

3 REPLIES 3
TK12345
Resolver I
Resolver I

Good to know,

The calendar has 
week 1 to 52 for each year
period 1 to 13 for each year.

WHen I select YearPeriod 202203 I need the value of 202103 but this could be different dates. 

TK12345
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i have tried this earlier and then it works only on my year level. expanding to period and weeks does not work. But thanks for the help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm i think you have to write your own time intelligence functions and use numerical ID columns for periods that you can use as you write your measure.

an example:

Rolling 6 Months Sales =
CALCULATE([Total Sales],
FILTER(ALL('Calendar'),
'Calendar'[Month ID] >= MAX('Calendar'[Month ID])-5
&& 'Calendar'[Month ID] <= MAX('Calendar'[Month ID])
)
)

although im not sure if you can use both periodic and annual comparison on a single measure on matrix but maybe others have some thoughts!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.