Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BothaW
Regular Visitor

CSV export issue?

Good day everyone,

One of our clients is exporting data to CSV file format and is getting the "data is too large" error (only exporting 300 rows).  The weird part is that this was working until yesterday.  Are anyone aware of any recent changes or bugs on this?

When testing this, and exporting to xlsx format, there is no error and there are less than 2000 rows of data.  Also the table/data exported does not have any "links" to other tables.

This is the message:

BothaW_0-1693901390782.png

After selecting the following options:

BothaW_1-1693901686840.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BothaW ,

The problem has been reported to the internal team, any prgogress I will update you shortly. 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
martaTr
Frequent Visitor

hi, i am facing same issues since two days already. i have 6k lines in my table in power bi, once i exported it to XLSX or CSV i see as a result only 700 lines. Do you know what is a reason behind it?

Rubio

Its OK for me now. Can export data to csv files until 30K in PBI Desktop.
Seems the issue navigate through a wave of software updates. So be patient and keep connected to the net to get lastest updates.

Jame5_Blonde2
Helper I
Helper I

This problem is not resolved!

My Client is using desktop to export csv from table. Only 700 rows but  "data is too large" when exporting.

Clearly its exporting underlying data "by mistake"

They have uninstalled/reinstalled the latest version of desktop.

- please advice

Rubio

Hi, Same issue for me since two weeks on Desktop. Is there any new release to download ? Thx !

sgallo
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @v-yiruan-msft, I am still experiencing this issue on the desktop but not on the browser.

Any suggestion?

Suratchanee

I have the same issue today. I was able to export last week. 

I have same problem with fresh new wersion 2.121.762.0 64-bit.
I did not observe this problem in the previous version.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BothaW ,

The problem has been reported to the internal team, any prgogress I will update you shortly. 

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I still face the issue. Can you please revisit again ?

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your feedback, other people also face the same situation with you. Now the related team are working on it, any progress I will update you soon. Any comment or problem, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Hello @v-yiruan-msft, thanks for your support. 

While I the propose workaround indicated as a "solution" on this thread did not work for me, I'm happy to share that I have some month end extractions to execute on some of power bi report I have (and I relly on CSV extrations for some of that) and, as I tested today, the CSV data extract from PBI files on Power BI Desktop worked as expected today.

Again, thanks for your support.

Hi @nlpandrade ,

Thanks for your feedback. It's glad to hear that the csv export feature works well in your side. 

Best Regards

are there any updates here? 

I see this post reports this issue a few days ago... 

Had no issues with this end of August but now it's affecting some data exchanges in our solutions.

Thank you.

Hi @nlpandrade & @BothaW  & @AurelieBertrand ,

The problem has been resolved, could you please check if it is OK in your side? Thank you.

Best Regards

I'm still facing the same issue at my end: the exported CSV is limited to 300 lines. I ended up writing a flow on power automate to extract the data I need from a table on the PBI file. That's not the ideal solution because it requires additional workaround instead of just using the standard exporte to CSV data file of Power BI. 

Pelase keep us posted on the progress to address this issue.

Thank you.

Hi @Bob-the-Builder  & @sgallo  & @nlpandrade ,

Thanks for your feedback. It is an known issue, now the related team are working on it. Any progress will update you shortly.

Known issue - Export to CSV file truncated at 300 rows - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

As a workaround, try choosing the Excel export file format. You can then open the downloaded Excel file and save it as a CSV file.

Best Regards

good morning,

the feature to export in Excel format is not available in power bi destop in my organization. 

The export format CSV is pre configured and I can't change it.

Good morning,

I still see the issue at my end: I tested more than one applications (I used to generate CSV data files) and they all are exporting only 300 lines. 

Thanks for your help @v-yiruan-msft 

Nelson

Good Day, great thank you.  Customer confirmed that it's working again.

Ho @v-yiruan-msft 

The problem is resolved, thanks for your help.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.