Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shackwell
Helper III
Helper III

Budget Control Report - Multiple variants

Hello, its me once again.

I am trying to figure out the best way to give the following report. I have a database "A" in which holds the budget of my product with 3 columns. First column is the item name, second column would be the additional feature of the item (lets name it color for practical purposes) and the 3rd column would be the number of items to be delivered. Then, there´s database "B" which holds all the items that are being delivered within this year. Database "B" has more columns than "A", however they share the same amount items and the same 4 color variety. So what I am trying to do here is a report that shows the following:

Current Budget from Database A, Current deliveries for DataBase B, and I would like to have measures to substract the difference. This difference would be known as a column as "Pending delivery". I also have database "C" with the current inventory of the items with their "colors" as well. So I am trying to answer the following questions.

What is my current budget on x item, and y zone,
How much items do I need to deliver to reach my budget.
How much inventory would there be available after such deliveries, with all the variants.

And basically setting this kind of matrix.

ZONE -            ITEM - VARIANT - BUDGET - DELIVERIES - PENDING - CURRENT INVENTORY - SURPLUS/SHORTAGE
COUNTY 1  - Pencil -    Blue -       3000.       1000.             2000.            2,500                            +  500
COUNTY 2  - Pencil -    Red. -         2,500.      1500.            1,000.         -  300.                           - 700

COUNTY 3 - Pencil - Blue.  -      2,000.          1200.               800.            800.                                 0

Notice that every county would have their own independent budget regarding item and variant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Should you require more information or a dummy excel sheet let me know. Thank you for your time. 

3 REPLIES 3
Shackwell
Helper III
Helper III

Let me prepare the data and I will share with such variables. Thanks.

HI @Shackwell,

Any updates for these? If you are still confused about these, you can feel free to post here. If you already found the workaround or solution, It will be appreciated to share them to help other users who faced similar scenarios.
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shackwell,

According to your description, it seems like you told the requirements but do not share enough information.

Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep raw data structure with expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.