Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bringing datas from 2 different clients in matrix

Hello everybody,

I need your help again to solve my problem.

I want to create a matrix table which looks like this in the end:

Country2018
India2000
France

What I get is this:

Unbenannt.png

Frankreich = France / Indien=India

These are two different tables from different clients. One table is "revenues france" and the other one "revenues india".

They are connected by Date table and a country table.

The country table contains in one column the name of the country (e.g. France and India) and the other column contains country shortcuts which are in revenue tables as well.

Does anybody has an idea to solve my problem. If I explained it not clear enough or did something wrong please tell me.

Thank you very much!

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Anonymousin power query, as long as the column names are the same, you should be able to append both tables to each other.

or alternatively you an create a measure that sums both of the revenue columns to make it one column.

I am assuming that is the problem?  you want one column name

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Anonymousin power query, as long as the column names are the same, you should be able to append both tables to each other.

or alternatively you an create a measure that sums both of the revenue columns to make it one column.

I am assuming that is the problem?  you want one column name

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessafvgthanks for your answer. you were right. I forgot this way... But in the end it didn´t work with appending both tables, because the very old Navision version we use and the odbc-connection had some problems.

I used a workaround with excel.

Maybe you could help me with another problem. I have all the revenues of different clients in one table. The revenues are juast numbers and not currencies. I would like to change numbers into currencies. For e.g. I got revenues from India, USA, Italy, Japan...

Do you have an idea how change numbers in the right currency?

Thanks for your help!

cfreiburg

@Anonymous  are you saying you want all the currencies showing in the same column?   not sure you can do that to be honest if thats what you asking, what you could do is add another column called currency type and set the current type = for example GBP and then you can have all the revenue in one column with different currencies however i dont think each one could have different currencies.  I think that would also be very confusing.  What are you trying to do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessafvgWanna create a table looks like that:

Unbenannt.png

In Power BI I have one table which inlcudes the revenues of every country. I would like to add the right curreny symbol to the revenues of the country.

I got another problem with Power Bi/ Excel. Maybe you can help me. I have an Excel file which contains the revenues of every country in different sheets.

I import the sheets to Power BI with this solution: https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2018/07/09/power-bi-combine-multiple-excel-worksheets/

If I want to expand the Excel file I get an Error, Stack overflow. The size of the file is about 300MB.

I hope my problem is understandable.

Thanks for your support!! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessafvgWanna create a table looks like that:

Unbenannt.png

In Power BI I have one table which inlcudes the revenues of every country. I would like to add the right curreny symbol to the revenues of the country.

I got another problem with Power Bi/ Excel. Maybe you can help me. I have an Excel file which contains the revenues of every country in different sheets.

I import the sheets to Power BI with this solution: https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2018/07/09/power-bi-combine-multiple-excel-worksheets/

If I want to expand the Excel file I get an Error, Stack overflow. The size of the file is about 300MB.

I hope my problem is understandable.

Thanks for your support!! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.