Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jensej
Helper V
Helper V

Between option in Slicer missing after updating to 2.83

Hey 

I just updated my Power BI Desktop to 2.83. 

Now when i make a slicer out of a date im only able to choose List or Dropdown and can't choose between, before and after anymore. 

Anyone know how to fix this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can turn off the auto date/time across all new files or in a specific file under options.

jdbuchanan71_0-1596201759280.pngjdbuchanan71_1-1596201772907.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Jensej 

Check the data type of your date column.  If it is marked as text you will only get the list or dropdown option.

2020-07-31_6-00-46.png

2020-07-31_6-02-24.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jensej , check the data type od the date column, and change it either in EDIT query model or under data format 

Data Format New Rib.png

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi!
It sounds like your date column is actually type text instead of date. Otherwise it will let you choose after, before, etc.

Check the type please.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi! 

Actually it's a Date field. 

Jensej_0-1596201023863.png

Jensej_1-1596201071218.png

In your field selection change the display from date hierarchy to date.

jdbuchanan71_0-1596201572352.png

You can turn off the auto date/time across all new files or in a specific file under options.

jdbuchanan71_0-1596201759280.pngjdbuchanan71_1-1596201772907.png

Hi. Power Bi now assumes automatically a hierarchy. If you change that you will see that options. Check this picture and click on the orange circle to change the hierarchy to date clicking on datum.

change hierarchange hierar

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Of all the suggestions, this is the one that worked for me. 

What was weird is that within the same excel workbook, some of the tables with date columns defaulted to hirachry and some did not - so some allowed me to use "between" right away, and the others I had to go and manually change from hirarchy. No idea why.

Thanks for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.