Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

drallam
Helper II
Helper II

Bell curve with date ranges

Hi, I'm trying to create a Bell Curve with an average spread along the weeks between the date range. What's the best way to do it. I'm getting my feet wet in BI and wanted to try this out.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I found a way to generate the points. I used the Normal Distribution formula with some assumptions. Now visualizing them in BI is a challenge. I have different datasets for different projects and would like to show all of them overlapping in one graph. Which means there must one column with all the projects and it's Normally disributed curve points. Please see the image below. I moved the columns manually Please see image 2 for understanding how the dataset is setup.

1.png2.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @drallam,

After search, there is a blog which describe the sample table and how to create a bell curve and histogram, please review and see: Create Bell Curve and Histogram with Power BI Desktop using DAX

If you have your own sample data, you can share and list the expected result, we can help you to create report.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi, I found a way to generate the points. I used the Normal Distribution formula with some assumptions. Now visualizing them in BI is a challenge. I have different datasets for different projects and would like to show all of them overlapping in one graph. Which means there must one column with all the projects and it's Normally disributed curve points. Please see the image below. I moved the columns manually Please see image 2 for understanding how the dataset is setup.

1.png2.png

Hi @drallam,

I appreciate that you shared your solution. Please mark your reply as answer, so that more members will find a workaround from here. As you said, it's a challenge in Power BI, you can create a idea here. Power BI will become better after support. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.