Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KAC5
Frequent Visitor

Bar Charts are not interactive with slicer when there is no data

Hi all, 

I am facing issues in Power Bi Bar charts when i try to toggle between 2  values of a chiklet slicer. Please find the sample Screenshot attached.

There are 2 phases for each of the project (Current Phase and All Phases). For the below project, we dont have any data for current phase. but when i switch between Current Phase and All Phases, the Bar chart is not disappearing (Because of no data) for the current phase. its still showing the values of "All Phases". 

on the Y Axis, we have Discipline name and Status of the project (Completed/not completed)

on the X Axis, Count of tasks.

When i turn on concatenate labels in the properties pane of Y axis, the chart works fine. but if i turn off the concatenate labels, the chart still shows the values of "All Phases" in Current Phase. 

KAC5_0-1697100051561.png

KAC5_2-1697100132511.png

Here are the list of criteria to be met.

1. Current Phase = Count of tasks with phase type = "Current Phase" in Project Info table

2. All Phases  = Count of all the Tasks of Phase type column in Project Info table (Including Current Phase)

3. Project A doesnot have Current Phase.

4. We want the result to be seen through Bar chart.

5. We dont want to concatenate labels in Y axis of bar chart.

Thanks in Advance!!

2 REPLIES 2
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @KAC5 

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Hi, Please find the Sample PBIX, and here are the list of criteria to be met.
1. Current Phase = Count of tasks with phase type = "Current Phase" in Project Info table

2. All Phases  = Count of all the Tasks of Phase type column in Project Info table (Including Current Phase)

3. Project A doesnot have Current Phase.

4. We want the result to be seen through Bar chart.

5. We dont want to concatenate labels in Y axis of bar chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.