Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sgoldbuch
Frequent Visitor

Azure maps displayed in web dashboard

Hi guys,

while the visual Azure maps is displayed correctly in the Desktop version, it is not shown in the web dashboard:

sgoldbuch_2-1684918198022.png

The Azure Map visual is activated in the settings: 

sgoldbuch_0-1684916909398.png

And Map and filled map visuals are activated by our organization:

sgoldbuch_1-1684916965566.png

Other map visuals like "Map" or "GIS map" work fine in both versions.

Do you have any recommendations on how to display the Azure map visual in the web Dashboard view?

Kind regards, Samuel

4 REPLIES 4
natkingcobra
Frequent Visitor

Hi @sgoldbuch 

Im having the same issue where it works fine on the desktop and pbi site but when published on the web, the visual isnt able to be viewed. I think this is a limitation of Azure Maps as it cannot be embedded, but were you able to find a solution?

Hi @natkingcobra , 

thank you for your response. Unfortunately I have not solved the issue yet. I'll let you know, if I achieve any progress...

Additionally, if this is a limitation will there be an update for this? @v-yiruan-msft 
I know pbi is planning to update all maps does that mean we wont be able to use the mapbox visual?

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sgoldbuch ,

Please review the following official documentation and check if the following parts are OK in your side:

Firewall:

If using the Azure Maps Geographic API endpoints, your firewall may need to be updated to allow access to the Azure Maps platform using either or all of the following URLs:

Consideration and limitations:

vyiruanmsft_0-1685078866911.png

In addition, there is one incident ticket be opened about Azure map visual disappeared in Power BI Embed for customer app. The related support team are working on it. If you have the same scenario, I will update you if the incident ticket has any progress...

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.