Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rajesh26
Helper I
Helper I

Auto clear first slicer selection for the selection of second slicer in Single select

Two Slicers - Category and Sub Category are added, 

1) Based on Category slicer selction, Sub category slicer shows the values

Rajesh26_0-1711953200613.png

2) When I am trying to change the Category slicer selection, Still the old subcategory values showing. 

Rajesh26_1-1711953579405.png

The slicer doesn't not replicate the correct values. I tried chicklet slicer, Which doesn't meet the actual requirements. Need you help to fix this.

5 REPLIES 5
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rajesh26 

You can achieve single selection functionality by hierarchical slicer.

Uzi2019_0-1711957817292.png

because of single selection your previous selection is captured once you select the new value in sub category that previous seection is removed right now in your case.

Try to use both the fields in same slicer to avoid any confusion.

I hope I answered your question!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rajesh26 

You can achieve single selection functionality by hierarchical slicer.

Uzi2019_0-1711957817292.png

because of single selection your previous selection is captured once you select the new value in sub category that previous seection is removed right now in your case.

Try to use both the fields in same slicer to avoid any confusion.

I hope I answered your question!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Hi @Uzi2019 

Thank you so much...

But the requirement is user needs to see two filters on the page, because the each slicer contains 10 dropdown values. can you please help me on this.

Hi @Rajesh26 
make your 1st slicer single select and 2nd slicer as multiple select. this to avoid the previous selection. 

I hope this would resolve your issue.

Hi @Uzi2019 

Thank you so much 

I tried your input, But it doesn't meet our actual requirements. Can you please suggest me some other options.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.