Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KarthikSridaran
Frequent Visitor

Attribute Slicer issue with a measure data

Hello,

I have used attribute slicer by only having a category field enabled , till now everything was working fine. Recently i have created a dashboard with 4 attribute slicer that has a category as well as Value. Now if i filter through 3 slicer the value of the forth slicer is not updating. On further analysis i found, if i filter the first two slicers it reduces the FOURTH slicer to two categories and further if i filter the THIRD slicer the categories of the fourth slicer remains 2 but the values in it should be reduced but since the categories in the fourth slicer is not changing the values remains the same as it is , At this point if you have two tabs in a dashboard we can see the values of the slicer showing the right values if you go to another tab and then return to the old tab.

Let me know if i make sense, Kindly guide me through this issue.

Thanks,

Karthik

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi KarthikSridaran,

Could you please share some screenshots about the slicer that you configured, and the data model (or some sample ) for us as a reference?

Based on what I understand currently, Slicer 3 didn't work on Slicer 4, have you configured any Visual Interactions when creating the reports? (Reference) This might be related that Slicer 3 didn't have Interaction with Slicer 4.

If no Interaction configured, attribute in Slicer 3 and that in Slicer 4 are not in the same table, then please verify the table relationship.

Regards

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, 

I was using only one dataset all together. It seems after few days the silcers started to work as expected. May be some kind of update would have happened. Thanks anyways.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.