Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SusheelRB

Analysis services cube- Show all fields when Hierarchy is created on Dimension

Hi All,

Checking if we can see all fields by default without showing more fields when a hierarchy is created on a dimension. I know we can create all fields as a hierarchy to show all fields at the top level. Is there any way other than that? 

Please let me know. 

Thanks!

Cube.png

2 REPLIES 2
SusheelRB

@v-huijiey-msft - Hi Yang, 

Thanks for the response. I was looking at the cube analyis in just excel. Its is not on Power BI side, its on Excel(Cube connection)

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SusheelRB ,

Power BI Desktop does not provide the ability to completely disable or remove the hierarchical structure inherent to the Analysis Services cube data model.

There are some alternatives:

Using the matrix visual, you can turn off step layout, which visually indents the levels of the hierarchy. This aligns all hierarchy levels to the left, giving a flatter appearance.

Go to the Format pane of the matrix visual, expand the Row Headers card, and set the Ladder Layout toggle to Off.

Turning off subtotals for rows and columns can also help reduce the hierarchical appearance by removing summary rows/columns that are often associated with hierarchical grouping.

In the Format pane, set the Row Subtotal and Column Subtotal sliders to Off.

vhuijieymsft_0-1714024158599.png

Select the table, right-click and select "Expand all". This option allows you to see all fields.

vhuijieymsft_1-1714024158601.png

While these steps do not remove hierarchy from the data model itself, they can help present the data in a way that minimizes the emphasis on hierarchical relationships in the visuals.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.