Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

millie23
Frequent Visitor

Adding monthly data to Power BI via Excel

Hello,

I have added data from June to my Power BI, and am able to do visualisations from it, so all fine. 

Now, I need to add data from July, and future months going forward when they are available at the end of the month. 

I added July by just adding another table. The issue is, I don't seem to be able to do any visualisations for change over time, so bar charts with the amount of a category for June, and then July afterwards. It seems to be because they are two separate tables of data in Power BI.

Is there a better way I can add more data each month? Or am I doing the visualisations wrong?

Also, the data in question is not just June: 1, 2, 3 and July: 1, 2, 3. They are identical tables with 9 columns across and over 100 rows, and obviously different data filled in under these same columns etc.

3 REPLIES 3
millie23
Frequent Visitor

What about if the excel sheets are all in different documents? 

Hi @millie23 

If they are all in the same folder, you can append them too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sfCDCpWTfc

mlsx4
Super User
Super User

Hi @millie23 

You may try to combine all Excel sheets (if it is the case) into one table. I will leave you here a link that explains it deeply: https://radacad.com/combine-multiple-or-all-sheets-from-an-excel-file-into-a-power-bi-solution-using...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.