Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lekkerbek
Helper IV
Helper IV

Adding budget

Hi everybody,

I have an excelsheet which I use to upload to Power BI. Values are added in columns I-L. I also added a column for the total budget for that year (column N).

If I upload this sheet and unpivot the columns I-N I can make various reports to my liking. 

I also want to add a gauge where the current values are displayed. I would like to add the Budget value as the target value. However in this example it shows 380K as the target value. This is because of unpivotting the column, so it adds 95K to each quarter.

In the gauge meter I can choose sum, average, minimum, maximum, etc. Unfortunately I can't select do not summarize (which I can when I select a table). Does anybody have an idea how to resolve this?

Schermafbeelding 2017-02-08 om 16.49.04.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lekkerbek,

To simply resolve the issue above, I would suggest you to use the formula below to add a new calculate column to divide Budget by 4, then add this new created calcualte column as the target value on Gauge instead.

Budget for Target = 'Your table Name'[Budget] / 4

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lekkerbek,

To simply resolve the issue above, I would suggest you to use the formula below to add a new calculate column to divide Budget by 4, then add this new created calcualte column as the target value on Gauge instead.

Budget for Target = 'Your table Name'[Budget] / 4

Regards

So simple but effective.

Slightly embarrassed, but grateful.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.