Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OriolDiez
Regular Visitor

Actualizar archivo excel con botón power automate dentro de Power BI

Tengo una consulta sobre Power BI. No sé si sabrías orientarme. La verdad es que quiero que mi dataset se actualice con un botón de Power Automate, que vaya vinculado a un excel que tengo subido en Sharepoint para que cada vez que en ese excel se le modifique la columna de Budget, se actualice mi Power BI dándole click al botón de Power Automate.  Veo muchas funciones de Power Automate pero no encuentro ninguna para poder realizar este paso. Gracias de antemano, Oriol.

6 REPLIES 6
OriolDiez
Regular Visitor

Hi @pmreis Thank you for the response.

I have a doubt. How I have to do for to execute the first case you said? I try to do it but in my Power BI web it looks like my dataset has been updated and the trigger works, but my table values doesn't change.

Thank you.

Hi @OriolDiez 

In order to trigger the dataset update on a power bi button clicked, you can follow the following tutorial: How to Create a Data Refresh Button in Power BI (popautomation.com)
(Navigate to section "How to Create a Data Refresh Button in Power BI with Power Automate")

Pedro Reis - Data Platform MVP / MCT
Making Power BI and Fabric Simple

If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help others find it. If you found it helpful, please consider giving it a kudos. Your feedback is highly appreciated!

Find me at LinkedIn

Thank you @pmreis I have the button created and it works. But I want to know if it's possible to apply another function to the button. 

Let me explain: I want refresh the data AND refresh the PAGE, because when a customer clicks on refresh the data, automaticly it appears the new data with the page refreshed.

Thank you!

Hi @OriolDiez 

I'm glad to hear it's working!

Regarding your new question, not possible to my knowledge directly via Power Automate action. (only via other tools that interact with the browser).

My recommendation is to add a small popup that appears after clicking the refresh, instructing the user the refresh the page. You can add a nice screenshot of the page refresh position in your popup too.

If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help others find it. If you found it helpful, please consider giving it a kudos. Your feedback is highly appreciated!

Find me at LinkedIn

@pmreis 

Could you explain me the steps for realize this?: 

• Setting a button on one of the pages of the report for the user to click after updating the Sharepoint Excel file. This means the user makes all his changes on the file, and then autonomously can go to the report, hit a button and launch the refresh.

Thanks a lot!

pmreis
Super User
Super User

Hello @OriolDiez 

You can launch a refresh on your PowerBI dataset with the following triggers for your use case:

• Setting a button on one of the pages of the report for the user to click after updating the Sharepoint Excel file. This means the user makes all his changes on the file, and then autonomously can go to the report, hit a button and launch the refresh.
  • Setting an automatic refresh once the Sharepoint Excel file is modified.

Here is a tutorial on how to setup the 2nd case: Refresh your Power BI dataset using Microsoft Flow | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Find me at LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.