Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vitexo87
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

A measure in an image

I need to create objects with images of arrows indicating whether there was an increase or decrease in a given period value as the filter applied.

There is an object that allows me to do this or do I have to create something, and how to do it?

is an example of what I do:

Untitled2.png

19 REPLIES 19
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vitexo87,

There is an article written by Jason introduces a workaround to add an indicator in a card visual. Please take a look at this article: How to add an Indicator to Power BI Desktop.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft @Sean

It helped a lot could create the measure with an arrow, I would never imagine to display the arrow would use unicode far.

enjoying wanted to ask your help, had previously received help to create a measure that did and We report the result of its limited some period it was filtered, well this time I'm trying to do something similar but a little more complex.

I'll have to show in the report two measures one displaying the value of the current year filtered and when no year is filtered must submit the value of last year and the other measure would always display the value of the previous year filtered,

for example, I need to know the amount of sales made in the year 2015 and also the amount of sales of the previous year for comparison in this case would be the year 2014.

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

as you can see in the first image the values ​​presented with no filter applied is correct, however in the second image is shown what happens when I apply a year filter.

Note: My data model is a star model with a fact and several dimensions, I do not have a dimenssão only dates dates tables with which I work is a dimension of year and one month

I thank you for the help I have received from you

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vitexo87 I thought Mykhael was supposed to show you?

@Sean

He said it would make a tutorial about it but so far has not done

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have to look into this. Have not used images with measure to date.

@Sean

I managed to solve the problem of the value is blank when a filter is applied however when no filter is apliacdo and displays the the full and wanted to know if it is possible to somehow determine that when no filter is applied this measure must always display the value of the year in the present case would be 2016

It follows as I created

Shopping Year = CALCULATE (SUMX (Facts, Facts [Vl_PedidoCompra] * facts [Qtd_PedidoCompra]), FILTER (DMEGF_Ano; DMEGF_Ano [Year] = VALUE (DMEGF_Ano [Year])))

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vitexo87 Try this...

Shopping Year = IF ( HASONEVALUE (DMEGF_Ano [Year]), CALCULATE (SUMX (Facts, Facts [Vl_PedidoCompra] * facts [Qtd_PedidoCompra]), FILTER (DMEGF_Ano; DMEGF_Ano [Year] = VALUE (DMEGF_Ano [Year]))), CALCULATE (SUMX (Facts, Facts [Vl_PedidoCompra] * facts [Qtd_PedidoCompra]), FILTER (DMEGF_Ano; DMEGF_Ano [Year] = MAX(DMEGF_Ano [Year]))))

@Sean

worked, however now when no year is filtered object has BLANK, the ideal was to present the value of last year when nehnhum year has been filtered.

It is possible to do that instead of blank no value is not displayed?

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vitexo87 okay try this ...

Shopping Year = CALCULATE (SUMX (Facts, Facts [Vl_PedidoCompra] * facts [Qtd_PedidoCompra]), FILTER (DMEGF_Ano; DMEGF_Ano [Year] = VALUE (MAX(DMEGF_Ano [Year]))))

@Sean

is happening the same thing as the previous measure, when no filter applied the value is blank

Shopping Year = IF (HASONEVALUE (DMEGF_Ano [Year]); CALCULATE (SUMX (Facts, Facts [Vl_PedidoCompra] * Facts [Qtd_PedidoCompra]), FILTER (DMEGF_Ano; DMEGF_Ano [year] = VALUE (DMEGF_Ano [year]))); CALCULATE (SUMX (facts, facts [Vl_PedidoCompra] * facts [Qtd_PedidoCompra]), FILTER (DMEGF_Ano; DMEGF_Ano [Year] = MAX (DMEGF_Ano [Year]))))

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vitexo87 convert DMEGF_Ano[Year] from Text to whole number

Year.png

@Sean

it has always been with the integer

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vitexo87 create a Test Measure = VALUE(MAX(DMEGF_Ano[Year])) and put it in a Card - what do you get? With no slicers selected!

Max Year.png

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can try this...

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/CardWithStatesBySQLBI1445315565700

Don't know if you can use images with it?

it seems that it meets my need but you have a site that tells you how to use this object?

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Sean

you were right, it will not be possible to do the way I need, what little I understand I will have put in place measures to determine my value range, and my goal is to compare the same value in diferents periods

@vitexo87 I'm pretty sure you can do this, I've seen it done by @Mykhael by creating specific image URL's in the data set to meet your criteria. I just don't know the exact steps off hand. Including him to garner more feedback, but I'm fairly certain this is exactly what he's done in some of his reports.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

thank's @Seth_C_Bauer

I will contact the @Mykhael and ask for his help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.