Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ebjim
Helper IV
Helper IV

Tables appearing where they're unwanted

1. Starting about a month ago (or so), I started noticing that when I import a lakehouse table into the dataflow as a source, I see other tables in the list of table columns (schema view). These tables are linked to this source tables in the model but they are unnecessary for my purposes and I have to remove them. 

2. The following image shows a table in the column listing in the data destination wizard. Again, this is an unwelcome recent occurence. In the dataflow UI, the schema view would not show the Job table as a column. 

ebjim_0-1709448943032.png

Is this expected behavior going forward? Or is this a bug? Something doesn't feel right.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @ebjim 

Apologies for the issue you have been facing.
If its a bug, we will definitely would like to know and properly address it. Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team: Link 

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Alven
Employee
Employee

Hi @ebjim,

let me answer to your points:

1. if your source Lakehouse table has relationships with other tables (e.g. foreign keys), it is normal that the linked tables are shown both in the Data view

Alven_0-1710337639855.png

and in the Schema view 

Alven_1-1710337683526.png

2. seeing the linked tables in the column listing of the data destination wizard was instead a bug which has been fixed. Please try the scenario again and let us know if you have any additional questions

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Alven
Employee
Employee

Hi @ebjim,

let me answer to your points:

1. if your source Lakehouse table has relationships with other tables (e.g. foreign keys), it is normal that the linked tables are shown both in the Data view

Alven_0-1710337639855.png

and in the Schema view 

Alven_1-1710337683526.png

2. seeing the linked tables in the column listing of the data destination wizard was instead a bug which has been fixed. Please try the scenario again and let us know if you have any additional questions

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

Something similar briefly happened to me as well and then was gone.  I think what's going on is that the backend is probably too complex with too many moving parts. When the engineers fix one bug, they break something else, which happens. I know, when I was working as a software engineer it happened more often than not.  I just hope the codebase isn't a huge spaghetti ball because otherwise we'll be facing issues for years to come.  In any case, I don't understand how Microsoft can claim Fabric is GA ready. Not! 

@Element115 I agree with your thinking about GAing too soon. There are some very fundamental changes between Azure and Fabric. 

Hi @ebjim 

Apologies for the issue you have been facing.
If its a bug, we will definitely would like to know and properly address it. Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team: Link 

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thanks.

@ebjim thanks for reporting the issue. This is definitely a bug (not a regression) in our UI. We'll work on a mitigation and ensure a fix is released in the upcoming weeks.

We'll update this thread once the fix is available to all customers.

Hi @ebjim 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
I tried to repro the same but didnt face any issue as mentioned above. I think this is an intermittent issue. Can you please try to do the same after a day or two? If the issue still persists please do let us know.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors