Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Bdickers
Frequent Visitor

Mashup Null Data to Non-nullable column Issue in Existing DataFlow Gen2

Like the subject says, I have an existing Gen2 Dataflow that has been working without issue for ~6 weeks and now without apparent reason is giving me an error regarding null data being inserted into a non-nullable column:

The dataflow has a source folder in Sharepoint. It pulls data from the latest file in the folder and transforms it for use later in the process within another dataflow. 

Bdickers_0-1704322791453.png

Bdickers_1-1704322806266.png

I've rebuilt the dataflow multiple times, scanned the source file for issues, refreshed the source file in an older PBI file successfully, and can't determine the issue. 

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Brannon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Depends on how you have your desktop version configured. For example:

• Do you have the same privacy levels set in both environments?
  • Do you ignore privacy levels in desktop but not in dataflows?
  • Do you use any sort of function that requires access to local files, sources or systems that could be behaving incorrectly due to a network situation or scenario with the gateway?

I'd highly encourage you to look into raising a support ticket so that an engineer can help troubleshoot the situation 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bdickers 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the issue that you are facing here.

The error indicates that a mismatch of data types between your old mashup document and the new one.

There are a few possible reasons why you might be getting this error:

• Thoroughly inspect the latest file in the SharePoint folder for potential data type changes in the relevant column. Look for inconsistencies or values with time components.
  • Ensure there are no null values in the Date column. Dataflow Gen2 doesn't support nulls in non-nullable columns.
  • If the source file's schema has changed, adapt your dataflow accordingly. Update data types or transformations to align with the new schema.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

This exact source, and essentially same report, refreshes successfully in a PowerBI desktop file. If there was a null data issue, wouldn't this also be a problem in the desktop version?

I've rebuilt the source file for the dataflow and ensured there are no issues, it works in another version of the same dataflow and still getting the non-nullable error. 

Depends on how you have your desktop version configured. For example:

• Do you have the same privacy levels set in both environments?
  • Do you ignore privacy levels in desktop but not in dataflows?
  • Do you use any sort of function that requires access to local files, sources or systems that could be behaving incorrectly due to a network situation or scenario with the gateway?

I'd highly encourage you to look into raising a support ticket so that an engineer can help troubleshoot the situation 

Hi @Bdickers 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks

Hi @Bdickers 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread.

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors