Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

krishn
Helper I
Helper I

parsing set variable string in Azure Data Factory

We have web activity and it always return below string with value change (value is dynamic everyday). We would need to extract key value. Please advise how to achieve this in Azure Data Factory activities.

Set Activity return value : Value= "{"aws_access_key_id":"XE6MX","aws_secret_access_key":"sgD6zEe"}"

We would like to get aws_access_key_id value XE6MX in separate variable so we can pass it to subsequent activities. And this value id dynamic and changes every day

tried with replace and search functions but couldn't work out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NandanHegde
Super User
Super User

The below solution should work to parse:

@json(<<Act output>>).aws_access_key_id

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NandanHegde
Super User
Super User

The below solution should work to parse:

@json(<<Act output>>).aws_access_key_id
Riskworks115
Frequent Visitor

You should be able to use a set Variable to capture the result value of the web activity. Use that variable to save to an Azure database with a stored procedure or to some other store.  I did this by making a call to the site to get a daily bearer token that I saved to an avure database table in a key value pair.   Then I would use that token when making a cal to get the data.  HTH.

Hi @krishn 
Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors