Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LucianoCarvajal
Frequent Visitor

Send data through TCP to a external server

Hello everyone

I'm currently working on migrating from On-Premise to Fabric a process that sends a message through TCP connection to a external server. 

In the On-Premise version of the server it uses a bash command to send it:

echo {message_string} | timeout {timeout_int} ncat -v {domain_string} {port_int}

So now I ask the question ¿How can I do this in Microsoft Fabric?

Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LucianoCarvajal 

At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.
Appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

Hi @LucianoCarvajal 

I have received an update from the internal team as follows:

"We cannot just push to an unauthenticated TCP port when using Fabric". But one option if you just need to sent some text to an endpoint would be to use an event stream. You can use a custom app endpoint. You can treat this like an eventhub, AQMP or Kafka endpoint.

Please refer for more details: Add a custom app source to an eventstream - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Hi @LucianoCarvajal 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Hi @LucianoCarvajal 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors