Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

smeetsh
Frequent Visitor

How to pass a refresh token using post methode in body

Hi All,

EDIT: sorted, please see my own answer

I need to use a refresh token to get an acces topen, to get data from an API. The API forces me to use the post methode and as far as i know, that mean i have to put the refesh token in the body of the request, but I am stumped how to do that.

I have tried {"refresh_token" : "123456789abcd"}, and any variants i could think of, but it keep coming back with the error "no refresh token"

I have also tried :

--data-urlencode
'refresh_token=123456789abc'

For clarification, I can get it to work in postman, where it looks something like below, but how do I translate that to a web request in Fabric, uing post.:

smeetsh_0-1714450601899.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
smeetsh
Frequent Visitor

I managed to sort it out, eventually postman was my friend.  After setting it up in the gui i clicked on the code snippet column on the right  and selected http from teh dropdown

smeetsh_0-1714452080418.png

smeetsh_1-1714452137423.png

That provide the raw output you will need for the body, in my case as simple as:

refresh_token=abc12345678

no need for ', ", or {}

(My output was origincally set to curl, I guess i learned some postman today 🙂 )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
smeetsh
Frequent Visitor

I managed to sort it out, eventually postman was my friend.  After setting it up in the gui i clicked on the code snippet column on the right  and selected http from teh dropdown

smeetsh_0-1714452080418.png

smeetsh_1-1714452137423.png

That provide the raw output you will need for the body, in my case as simple as:

refresh_token=abc12345678

no need for ', ", or {}

(My output was origincally set to curl, I guess i learned some postman today 🙂 )

Hi @smeetsh 

Glad that you query got resolved and thank you for sharing the same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Please continue using Fabric Community for further queries.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors