Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

hmo
Frequent Visitor

ytd and empty date

Hello,

I have a list of accounts with opening and closing dates. Now I need a report that shows the number of open accounts over the month (Year to date, Month to date). The accounts are counted up to the month in which they are closed. I've tried with a calendar table and witgout a relationship to the accounttable, this doesn't work.

accounts_YTD.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@hmo , Join both of them with date table one will active another will be inactive assume the closed_on is inactive

Try measures like with date tbale and time intelligence

YTD Open = CALCULATE(Count(Table[Account]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31")) // date creation is active join

YTD closed = CALCULATE(CALCULATE(Count(Table[Account]), userelationship('Date'[Date], Table[Closed_on]), not(isblank(Table[Closed_on]))),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))

Refer why Time intellignce fails : https://youtu.be/OBf0rjpp5Hw

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

@amitchandak I think this is not the solution table below should end in chart below. We need to count all open accounts by month in the given time period.

Account;date_of_creation;closed_on
1;2019-12-10;2019-12-11
2;2019-12-10;2020-01-02
3;2019-12-10;
4;2019-12-10;2020-02-25
5;2019-12-10;2020-05-13
6;2020-01-03;2020-03-14
7;2020-03-11;2020-05-11

bars.gif

@amitchandak Thank you very much. I think this formula in your post leads me to the right results:

Current Employees = CALCULATE(COUNTx(FILTER(Employee,Employee[Start Date]<=max('Date'[Date]) && (ISBLANK(Employee[End Date]) || Employee[End Date]>max('Date'[Date]))),(Employee[Employee Id ])),CROSSFILTER(Employee[Start Date],'Date'[Date],None))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.