Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Clout
Helper III
Helper III

Incorrect result when dividing with counted columns

Hello guys,

I have this DAX Function as a calculated column :

Spalte = IF(ISBLANK(Frachten[AK_C_P]), BLANK(),
DIVIDE(COUNTROWS(FILTER(Frachten, Frachten[AK_C_P] <= MAX('Global'[GW_AblaufPges]))), COUNT(Frachten[AK_C_P])))

So I want to check if "AK_C_CSB" is <= "GW_AblaufCSB" and count the rows where the condition is fulfilled. And then I want to count every row in "AK_C_CSB" which is not null. So the next step is to determine the ratio between the first count and the second count by dividing them together. And then I want to create a card visual where the average of the ratio is shown in my setted slicer time intervall.

My data structure looks like this:

Table "Frachten:

Frachten.PNG

Table "Global"

Grenzwert.PNG

And this is the result as a table:

Measures.PNG

And when I want the average of the ratio per month, I get the same result with the value 4,86 for every month.

The most months should be shown the ratio 1 and for a few months the ratio is 0,xx. So the ratio > 1 is impossible.

Here is the file: 

Google Drive 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello thank you for your answer,

but I got this solution now:

RM_NH4 = VAR numerator = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Frachten),FILTER(Frachten, Frachten[AK_C_NH4] <> Blank() && Frachten[AK_C_NH4] <= Max('Global'[GW_AblaufNH4N]))) VAR denominator = COUNT(Frachten[AK_C_NH4]) RETURN DIVIDE(numerator, denominator)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Clout , I think it should be like this measure

DIVIDE(COUNTROWS(FILTER(allselected(Frachten), Frachten[dataum] <= MAX('Global'[dataum]))), calculate(COUNT(Frachten[AK_C_P]),allselected(Frachten)))

Hello thank you for your answer,

but I got this solution now:

RM_NH4 = VAR numerator = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Frachten),FILTER(Frachten, Frachten[AK_C_NH4] <> Blank() && Frachten[AK_C_NH4] <= Max('Global'[GW_AblaufNH4N]))) VAR denominator = COUNT(Frachten[AK_C_NH4]) RETURN DIVIDE(numerator, denominator)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors