Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Frequent Visitor

Filter of data and wrong link

Hi guys, I have a problem with one project and maybe someone here can help me to solve it. 🙂

Also, as you see, I have here some cards wirth data (Projects Not Classified and Projects Classified) and with filter "Department" I can choose between C and Sol Department. In there cards are also Links (pink) and when I click on this Link I can see some tables with other Data. The Problem is: I have tables only for Department Sol and there are no tables for the Department C. But when I chose in filter "Department" C and click on Link I can see this tables (but the data belong to the department Sol). Is there posibility to impede this link for the Department C? I hope that you can understand what my problem is. Thank you very much!

Good evening!

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @4018077714016 ,

I'm a little confused. Do you want each department to only look at data from each department? On desktop or Service? 

On the Service.

Try to use RLS.

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI can be used to restrict data access for given users. Filters restrict data access at the row level, and you can define filters within roles. In the Power BI service, members of a workspace have access to datasets in the workspace. RLS doesn't restrict this data access.

If I have misunderstood your meaning , please provide more details with your desired output.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-rongtiep-msft thank you very much for your response! Actually there is no problem with the filter. The Problem ist the link (pink). Is there posibility to "block" the link for department C? I hope that you can understand, what I mean.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-24 um 00.05.10.png

Best regards
Carolin

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors