Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Yeimy
Regular Visitor

Average in a matrix with different hierarchies in power bi

Hi, 

I have a matrix with 4 levels, the fist level comes from a column of the date dim and the remainig 3 levels are from the produt dimension, i also have a measure called und sale wich is the sum of the sale units

What i want is to take the average, tha is, for my hormonal group the units of all the available months are added and divided by two (the average) then the same for the anti-pain group and so on for the others groups and the same for the others levels of hierarchy

I have usued these dax:  

AVERAGEX(ALL(DIM_FECHA[M-Y]),
        CALCULATE([Und Venta])
    )

and 

AVERAGEX(FILTER(VALUES(DIM_FECHA[M-Y]),[Und Venta]),
        CALCULATE([Und Venta], REMOVEFILTERS(DIM_FECHA[M-Y])
    )

But it doesn't show me the average but rather the current units or just the average of the total 

Yeimy_0-1709156100481.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Yeimy ,

I created some data:

vyangliumsft_0-1709181258758.png

Are you referring to the different levels of Row subtotals showing the average for that level.

Measure follows the context of the "Total" row and is calculated in that context. Therefore, using a measure in a column of a table visualization may have unexpected values in the "Total" column.

You can consider using the switch() + Isinscope() function to determine the corresponding level in the matrix, and use the corresponding rule based on the corresponding level

SWITCH function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn
ISINSCOPE function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

Measure =
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    ISINSCOPE('Table'[Group4]),1,
    ISINSCOPE('Table'[Group3]),2,
    ISINSCOPE('Table'[Group2]),3,
    ISINSCOPE('Table'[Group1]),4,0)

2. Result:

vyangliumsft_1-1709181258760.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you, 
But that doesn't solve my problem 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.