Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RaMiRo87
Frequent Visitor

All data from order backlog until different points in time

Hey folks,

I have a little issue with my DAX Measures.

I need several measures that calculate the totals of the order backlog up to certain points in time and output them accordingly in a card. So I have a fact table 'fcontrolling' which contains the column [order backlog] with the order backlogs. In addition, there is a date column in 'fcontrolling' called [requested shipping date]. The date table 'dtime' is linked to the fact table. This contains the [time] column, which specifies the date in the format "DDMMYYYYY".

I need 3 measures that dynamically calculate the order backlog up to certain points in time:

1. up to the end of the current month (currently April)
2. up to the end of the current year (currently 2024)
3. until the end of the coming year (currently 2025)

My measure for point 1 is as follows:

CALCULATE(
SUM( fcontrolling[order backlog] ) ,
DATESBETWEEN( fcontrolling[requested shipping date)],
FIRSTDATE( fcontrolling[requested shipping date)]), FIRSTDATE( fcontrolling[requested shipping date)] ),
EOMONTH( TODAY(), 0 )))

When I switch from the date column [requested shipping date] from the fact table to the date table and the [time] column, I get strange values. Attached you will find the link to a slimmed-down version of the original file with all relevant tables. 🙂

PowerBI Sales Report 

Please help me with the measures, I would be very grateful!

Best regards!
Ramirez

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Hi @lbendlin,

attached a link to a slimmed-down version of the report with all the necessary data included. 🙂

Thank you for your advice! 

Cheers,

Ramirez

link asks for access.

Sorry, that was my mistake! 🙂

Changed the access conditions. Now it should work. 🙂

I don't understand your data.  Can you please explain?  What is the significance of the Requested Shipping Date?

lbendlin_0-1713992452577.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors