Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

hraz
Employee
Employee

Too many values warning - Gantt Chart

I'm using Microsoft Gantt Chart (custom visual open source). I have data with ~470 task rows after filtering (~50 distinct values), and I'm getting "Too many values" warning, and I have missing blocks in the visual.

It is much lower than the default 1000 items for custom view (Source). I need it to support up to 5000 items.

I tried to build the Gantt custom visual from the source, and I changed the `capabilities.json` to:

hraz_0-1672131077992.png

But with no luck (I was able to import my visual, but it still remove blocks).

How can I increase the data limitation for that visual?

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That warning is there for a reason.  There is no way to squeeze that many data points into the available screen real estate.  One of the primary rules of UX is to avoid horizontal scrolling whenever possible. Unfortunately a Gantt chart goes against that rule pretty much by design.

Sorry, I disagree with this clame. I have ~500 rows, all of them can be displayed in a single view without scroll bars (nor horizontal nor vertical)

But Power BI removed some blocks in the middle of the timeline.

This is not Power BI responsibility to decide what values should be displayed or not, this product was created for data visualization, without it, it worth nothing.

Increasing the view size didn't solve the issue...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.