Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tcgarrod

Matrix with Multiple Subtotal Functions

Hello.  I am seeking some help to modify matrix visuals to include multiple subtotals for a single column.  This is easily accomplished by changing the Field Settings in an Excel Pivot Table.  See snapshot below that includes Sum, Count, Average, Max, and Min.  In Power BI, I attemped to create a similar table using the Row Subtotal settings and by creating DAX measures for each function.  In all cases, I either get a new row by each DATE and/or a new column with by each function type.  

tcgarrod_0-1697490057893.png

Does anyone know how to provide a layout similar to the one shown in the image?  

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@tcgarrod Matrix visual isn't nearly that advanced. You are into a custom matrix hierarchy territory. This example is for columns but it can also be done for rows. The New Hotness (Custom Matrix Hierarchy) - Microsoft Fabric Community

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you for the quick feedback.  The posting at that link is a hoot!   I'll try to incorporate this tomorrow.  Thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors