Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lgo
Frequent Visitor

Choose metric based on filter

hello! i am very new to the dashboard thing and i am on my way to create my first dashboard. i am currently trying to present what is the orderbook in the container industry and i currently have a slicer to choose the type of container. 

I have two columns that present: 1. number of containers (count individual vessels) and another one with capacity (capacity of each vessel). I would like the user to see all the charts based or on capacity or number of vessels, depending on the selection they make (could be sum of vessels or sum of capacity).

i have tried to check how to do that but so far i have not been able. is this something that can be done in a dashboard? as i said it is my first time trying it and not very familiar with it so I apologize in advance if it is a silla question.

i would appreciate a lot your help!

thanks a lot in advance,

Lau

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please read about "Field Parameters".  Then create one for your measures and use it in your slicer and visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.