Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

chitti5
Helper I
Helper I

Need a New Way to add meeting notes during Meetings

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question. I conduct all the cross functional meetings by using Sharepoint list to take updates on projects from the team members. The Share point view consists of Project Title, Project Description, Project Manager Name and lastly Meeting notes. The sharepoint view is not user friendly to update the notes. When I share the screen, people in the meeting are not able to read it properly and I'm not able to update the notes in the column. Is there any customized view or App that I can use to take meeting notes. I've already used Power Apps to write back to Sharepoint list but people didn't like it much. Looking for a great idea which can change the concept of taking notes.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chitti5 

Do you organize meetings via Teams meetings? If so, Microsoft Teams offers a convenient way to take meeting notes during your meetings. Here are a couple of options you can explore:

1. Automated Meeting Transcription in Microsoft Teams:

• Teams now has an AI-driven speech-to-text transcription capability that automatically generates meeting transcripts in real time. Once started, you can watch the transcription happen during the meeting.
  • After the meeting ends, the transcript with speaker attribution is available to all meeting participants directly in the meeting’s chat. This way, everyone can easily access and review what was discussed.
  • To enable this feature, Teams admins can configure meeting transcription settings.
  • Reference: Automate note-taking in Microsoft Teams with meeting transcription

2. Collaborative Meeting Notes in Teams:

• During a Teams meeting, you can collaborate on meeting notes by clicking the “Notes” button in the toolbar.
  • In the meeting notes pane, you can create an agenda in real time or review an existing one if provided. You can also take additional notes and track tasks.
  • These notes are saved automatically and can be viewed and edited after the meeting ends.
  • Reference: Collaborative meeting notes in Teams meetings (microsoft365.com)

Power BI forum is dedicated for questions related to Power BI. If you are not sure which Microsoft product might be an alternative, you can also Ask the Microsoft Community or Microsoft Tech Community. 

Hope this would be helpful. 

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

chitti5
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @_AAndrade Thank you for the suggestion. As I mentioned in my question, I already tried this for one of the meetings and looking for an alternate approach. Please suggest a new approach. Thank you!

_AAndrade
Super User
Super User

Hi @chitti5,

Did you ever try using Power BI to present the numbers and use a Power App inside Power BI to write back your sharepoint?
Take a look at this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y2jJyH4Eu0

I did somethins similar and it's working quite well.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are welcome.

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.