Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Hanwen

pricing about user

Hi, I just have a question about the pricing.

From the link https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/, I can understand that one user will be charged as AUD12.70 / USER / MONTH.

However, I am not so clear that what is the definition of user. In our practice, we need some developers to develop some reporting stuff to cater the need of business unit.

So the definition of user on you website is perople who use the reporting function, and what about the one who develops the reporting function? Are you going to charge the license fee for development?

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Hanwen

Power BI Pro license is for organization level, your account need to be part of an organization, otherwise you need to create your own O365 tenant. Then you will be Global Admin of your organization. You can assign this Pro license to any other user in your organization. Each user with Pro license will be charged.

For more details, please see:

Self-service sign up for Power BI

Administering Power BI in your organization

Regards,

There are only 2 prices - free and the one you quoted. There is no premium fee for a developer/Admin type person. Anyone with a free licence can do most of the modelling. The charge comes in when you want to have control over sharing. This is a great model as it is easy (and free) to get started, and as soon as you get into more advanced sharing (e.g. Different content with different people) you pay - and this is where most of the value is extracted too. Anyone that wants to share using the pro features or wants to receive via the pro features must have a pro licence.  

Frankly it is dirt cheap anyway - nothing else comes close on price/value

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors