Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

more than once instance of the gateway?

is it possible to install more than one gateway on your servers?  i can't see anything in the documentation around this?  For example if you wanted to separate our your areas such as dev test etc?  The reason i am asking is because IT are wondering if there is only one gateway if there will be possible performance issues

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessafvg Yes you can install more than one data-gateway (not personal one) on a server with different names. But you don't need to do that. Typically you can connect to TEST, DEV env with just one gateway but different data sources. Performance issue I would suggest you start by having one data-gateway and then working out if you need another one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessafvg Yes you can install more than one data-gateway (not personal one) on a server with different names. But you don't need to do that. Typically you can connect to TEST, DEV env with just one gateway but different data sources. Performance issue I would suggest you start by having one data-gateway and then working out if you need another one.

I am trying to have multiple Quickbooks instances for a client. Can you install more than one gateway to achieve this functionality? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors