Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

db042190
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

adding a pbi service account for a contractor without an email address in tenant's domain

Hi, for contractors for whom we'd like to also have permissions in the company's pbi service account, what do we do if they arent being given an email address in our company domain?  I suppose we could give them an email address even if they cant use the address to send or receive emails.   or maybe assign them one of those surrogate ...onmicrosoft.com  email addresses.  one of our contractors has his own microsoft 365 subscription under his personal Spectrum email address in the roadrunner.com domain.    we use that TW email address to communicate with him.  can that email address  be used to identify him in the service or do we need to go a different route.  He actually has one of those surrogate email addresses in his own tenant account that he uses for pbi and azure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @db042190 

If you want to use an external email address you would have to invite them into your Azure Active Directory as a Guest account.

Here are details on how to do this: Quickstart: Add a guest user and send an invitation - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @db042190 

If you want to use an external email address you would have to invite them into your Azure Active Directory as a Guest account.

Here are details on how to do this: Quickstart: Add a guest user and send an invitation - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors