Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mkumar_upstech
Regular Visitor

Why I am unable to remove access from the power bi semantic model?

image.pngUnable to remove user's access from Fabric Sementic moded. Neither those are being inherited from any other permission grant. 

7 REPLIES 7
v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mkumar_upstech 

It is not possible to change a user's access rights in the semantic model; if you are Admin, you can remove a user's access rights in Workspace's rights management.

vyaningymsft_1-1708925576182.png

Related link:Semantic model permissions - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Hello @v-yaningy-msft , Thanks for the response, however, they are not part of the workspace, I just wanted to share the semantic model nothing else. I was able to grant them however, when I was trying to remove I could not. 

Hi, @mkumar_upstech 

According to my testing, it is possible to edit user permissions normally if you are Admin. Although you say you are Admin, this needs to be verified again in Workspace.

vyaningymsft_0-1709520814275.png

You can view the administrator account in the workspace's admin access.

vyaningymsft_1-1709521006301.png

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @mkumar_upstech 

You have to be

aj1973_0-1708819396955.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hello @aj1973 I am the admin of the workspace. Still no luck.

NandanHegde
Super User
Super User

What is the access you have within the workspace?Is it admin access?

Yes, I am the admin. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors