Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tobiasmills
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unexpected parquet exception occurred. Class: 'ParquetStatusException'

Hi

I am getting errors on my power bi desktop app and web published versions. Its connecting to Azure Data Warehouse through a dataset though even if I create a new report and connect direct to warehouse I get the same issue. 

• Im using a Dataflow Gen2 to push data from excels to SQL tables

• In Power BI I can see all the tables and columns but when I try to add anything I can get the error below.

• I have tried enabling / disabling staging in Dataflow but makes no difference. 

• I can connect to the SQL server using MS SSMS and run queries against it fine.

• I have checked all the settings & permissions that I can find

Below is the error I am getting, can't find anything on google for this. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Unexpected parquet exception occurred. Class: 'ParquetStatusException' Status: 'IOError' Message: 'Encountered Azure error while accessing lake file, StatusCode = 404, ErrorCode = , Reason = Not Found'

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
33 REPLIES 33
Senturion

Hi,

I had the same problem. In my case the issue was that I re-generated a table from scratch and so the semantic model lost the table and relations. To fix the model, I needed to re generate it, but then, everything started working properly.

Hope this help!

Florislemkes
Regular Visitor

Hello everyone,

I am encountering the same problem with a customer. I currently 'solve' it by removing and adding the tables in my semantic model every day. Obviously not workable for a customer.

Does anyone know the status of this error message, or where I can track the status? I couldn't find any recorded bug on this topic, even though I expected it to be at the top of the list.

Thanks.

Floris

powerbiguy_8926

I found a quicker solution than the one proposed above for deleting the tables.

Go into your Lakehouse or Warehouse object > Reporting  > Manage default semantic model

Remove all your tables from the semantic model, click confirm.
Add all your tables back to the semantic model again.
Try to load the tables in a report and confirm the error no longer exists.

BiJoe
Helper II
Helper II

Same error here. I'm just trying to make a test report from a dimension and a fact table in the Fabric warehouse. Same Fabric workspace, the tables have data. I have created a semantic model that should work. 

Just dragging in a column from the date dimension to a table visual works. Dropping in a column from the fact table results in the error.

fabric_user
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem too

parandurume

Hi @tobiasmills ,

I think I found the root cause about your problem which I also had.

I found that this issue happens when I add 'category' from 'DimProduct' and never happens when I add 'SalesTotal' from 'FactSalesOrder'.

So, I explored the workspace first in the left pane.

When you click the workspace, for me it is 'dp_fabric', you can see a similar image to the below:

parandurume_0-1703386033934.png

Then you will see there is a semantic model, the number 2 in the red circle of the above image.

Click the semantic model, you will see a modal like window in the right pane.
Then click 'View item details' in the green button, the number 3 in the above image.

You will see another page of 'Details for <<your semantic model>>' and there are information about Tables in the right pane.

parandurume_1-1703387105032.png

When I tick the table of 'DimProduct', I found that the values of 'DimProduct' was not visible and there's the '404' error about the table.

parandurume_2-1703387343804.png

So, I thought that there was some problem when I create the table of 'DimProduct'.

There must have been a trouble when I created the table.

Since  I found the root cause of the problem, I made a hyperthesis to fix by making another query to create the table.

Move to the warehouse by clicking the warehous in the left pane.

parandurume_3-1703387762691.png

First, I need to delete the relations between the existing "FactSalesOrder" and "DimProduct" before creating the "DimProduct" table again.

Because of the relationship, you cannot recreate the table without deleting the relationship.

parandurume_4-1703388152865.png

I deleted the visual query by right-clicking 'Visual query 1', just in case.

parandurume_5-1703388354062.png

Now the time to re-create the table of 'DimProdut' by running the proper query.

For me, it was SQL query 3.

parandurume_6-1703388481755.png

After getting the message that the query succeeded, make the relation between 'FactSalesOrder' and 'DimProduct' again.

parandurume_7-1703388747651.png

Make another visual query as well.

parandurume_8-1703388805518.png

Move to the semantic model again to check if the error has been fixed.

parandurume_9-1703388862619.png

I can see the table was fixed.

parandurume_10-1703388949828.png

Let's check if the error fixed in the report as well.

Move to the warehouse and click model to creat a new report.

parandurume_11-1703389102405.png

(It may ask you sign in)

Threre's a blank report page.

parandurume_13-1703389222056.png

Select 'clustered bar chart'.

parandurume_14-1703389297789.png

Add the relevant data into the chart.

Y axis --> Category from DimDate.

X axis --> SalesTotal from FactSalesOrder.

Adjust the size of the chart just like the below image.

parandurume_15-1703389540981.png

I hope this help you.

If it works, would you take this answer as the verified answer?

I tried your method and didn't  work, even the semantic model is fixed but when tried to work in Power BI same error

AlexisReconomia
Regular Visitor

I need a solution too

blalonde
Regular Visitor

I'm facing the same error but a different experience. Running through the Fabric tutorial here to create a data warehouse. The problem lies in creating the report visualization. Dragging SalesTotal from the FactSalesOrder table works fine. Dragging Category from the DimProduct table causes the error message. I've verified that data is in the table via the Warehouse explorer in Fabric as well as in OneLake via Azure Storage Explorer. I've also created a new workspace and went through the same steps only to run into the same issue.

Steps to repro:

Starting at Create tables and insert data:

1. Create DimProduct table
  2. Insert sample data
  3. Run new query with GitHub MSFT Learning warehouse txt file SQL script
  4. Follow instructions to properly model data (make connections in the Model view)
  5. Go to Visualize your data section
  6. Follow instructions to create a New Report
  7. When dragging clicking category to add to view, the error will occur.

One thing I haven't tried was skipping steps 1 and 2 in the repro steps and just using the SQL Script as it contains code to drop and recreate that table with the original values (as well as some new ones). Though that shouldn't make a difference.

Update: After reviewing my model, I noticed that additional relationships were automatically created. (See image)

blalonde_0-1701462181221.png

They link on the same keys but start in the opposite direction e.g., DimCustomer -> FactSalesOrder -- with Assume Referential Integrity turned on. I removed these relationships, went back to Power BI, clicked SalesTotal (ok), clicked Category (error again), went back to my Model view and those relationships had reappeared! What gives?!

I encounted the same error doing the MS Fabric labs. I ended up:

• deleting the whole data warehouse
  • create a new v2 data warehouse
  • skip entering data manually and just put in the SQL script to create the 4 tables with data.
  • I was then able to create the correct relationships

However, I did continue to run into random errors (in the visual editor and when hiding columns). I hit refresh a couple times, deleted and readded things, and got things to work.

Overall, it was very buggy. Hope it gets resolved soon because dropping a whole data warehouse in real life is more of an undertaking than during a lab.

I just had the same issue following Lab 06 'Analyze data in a data warehouse' on mslearn-fabric (microsoftlearning.github.io)

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tobiasmills ,

If a root cause or solution is found, please continue to share this issue to help others experiencing similar problems.

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ok, when will it be fixed? 

It's not a solution, it's a work around. They still haven't fixed the bug that is causing this

Alex_Rajkov
Advocate III
Advocate III

Great to hear. 
please post the answer / solution if possible 

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

@tobiasmills Are you using the Fabric trial? If not, what Fabric capacity sku are you using?

Hi

Yes i am on the trial, Microsoft Fabric (Preview) trial. But I cannot see that I'm hitting any limitations.

Is there any way to clarify this, I'm definitely not hitting storage limits. 

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tobiasmills ,

Based on the error message you provided, it seems that there is an issue with accessing a lake file in Azure. The error message indicates that the StatusCode is 404, which means that the requested resource was not found.

I would recommend checking the following:

• Ensure that the lake file exists and is accessible.
  • Check if the file path is correct.
  • Verify that you have the necessary permissions to access the file.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors