Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tobiasmills
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unexpected parquet exception occurred. Class: 'ParquetStatusException'

Hi

I am getting errors on my power bi desktop app and web published versions. Its connecting to Azure Data Warehouse through a dataset though even if I create a new report and connect direct to warehouse I get the same issue. 

• Im using a Dataflow Gen2 to push data from excels to SQL tables

• In Power BI I can see all the tables and columns but when I try to add anything I can get the error below.

• I have tried enabling / disabling staging in Dataflow but makes no difference. 

• I can connect to the SQL server using MS SSMS and run queries against it fine.

• I have checked all the settings & permissions that I can find

Below is the error I am getting, can't find anything on google for this. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Unexpected parquet exception occurred. Class: 'ParquetStatusException' Status: 'IOError' Message: 'Encountered Azure error while accessing lake file, StatusCode = 404, ErrorCode = , Reason = Not Found'

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
33 REPLIES 33

Hi,

this is the kind of reply wich is not helpful at all. this answer is expected from a chat bot, not a person wich folows the stated problem. sorry.

The files exist and can be accessed by querying via sql. select from ...
the initial pbi report ist created within the fabric workspace and is showing results. wich was stated and so the second and third suggestions are obsolete. clearly the permission doesnt change by refreshing the data, right?

please investigate this topic.

I've got the same issue. you can use the sql endpoint, but that's not a good workaround 

Hi

Thanks for your reply. The strange thing is that when I first create the flow it all works fine. Then if I re-run the Dataflow I get the issue. I have found that if I then 'drop' the table, go back to the flow and get it to recreate the table and rerun the import it all works again. The only difference is that on the first run it creates the table, on the second run it is replacing the data. 

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Toby

Também estou passando por esse problema, fiquei 4 dias batendo cabeça com isso, se alguém tiver uma solução ou novas atualizações sobre, será de grande ajuda.

try to recreate the semantic model and then run the script, also make sure that in the visual query a relationship is made, hope this helps

Hi,

I have the same issue. I am not able to create any report using Fabric Warehouse default semantic model after refreshing Fabric Warehouse data using DataFlowGen2.

Error:

Unexpected parquet exception occurred. Class: 'ParquetStatusException' Status: 'IOError' Message: 'Encountered Azure error while accessing lake file, StatusCode = 404, ErrorCode = , Reason = Not Found'

This looks like a bug. 

Workaround: do not use warehouse default semantic model, but create new semantic model and use it for your reports. It will still work after warehouse data refresh.

Regards,

Romans

Hi Toby,

this is exactly what I found out yesterday. (Drop the tables in Lakehouse / Warehouse) and rerun the dataflow solves the report for again only the 1st refresh.
But This is clearly a bug IMO. Replacing a table shouldt break the lineage (table names and so on didnt change..).
Maybe for now we could try something like this:
1.  using pipeline to schedule the DFs

2. adding a step (for warehouses it can be a stored procedure) before running the DF, which says - not drop the table - but delete all rows in the table

3. changing the DF from replace to append

maybe this works but clearly this should be a top issue to solve for the fabric team..

Getting same error , is there a resolution for this issue.

Hello @Alex_Rajkov 

Do you have any updates about it? I'm experiencing the same problem.

Tks

Any news on this issue. I'm experiencing the same problem.

Having similar issue. Please keep us posted of the solution

I had a support call with MS yesterday and they confirmed it is not linked to my subscription model and they are looking into it. 

I am facing the same issue... I hope that support will come back with a solution quick...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors