Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robekr
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to take over dataflow

We have some dataflows owned by a user that have left the company. The dataflow shows without a owner.

When trying to take over the dataflow, I can't open the menu to select Settings on the dataflow.

robekr_0-1662557244427.png

I checked if there was an option to take over using the admin API, but didn't see a option for that like on datasets.

How can I take over / change owner of a dataflow with no owner?

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @robekr ,

If you want to take over dataflow that created by others, please confirm you have admin, member, or contributor role in that workspace.

For how to take over dataflow, you need click "Take over" in the dataflow settings page.

vbinbinyumsft_1-1662602795971.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

The Power BI portal is not showing the Settings page at all for this dataflow. The picture I pasted in my original post shows what I see when clicking the local "menu" to open the settings. It just hangs.

So I was wondering if there is a API that I can use, or if I need to create a Support ticket?

same issue for me, did you get an answer ? thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors