Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

will-trickett

Unable to load secure embedded Power BI report in Sharepoint site

Hello - a team member recently reported that a Power BI report embedded in Sharepoint has recently stopped loading.  It's been working for years until this week.  When you open the page, this Sign in screen appears as usual:

willtrickett_0-1711129605975.png

The user clicks Sign in, which redirects them to another page to enter their credentials.  After finishing, it redirects them back to this page, but the Sign in button is still there and the report doesn't load.

The weird thing is that 95% of the time this is the behavior, but during some attempts the report actually loads.

I saw here that there was a known issue:  Known issue - Sign in fails for securely embedded reports using Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser - M...  However, the article states it was fixed on February 14, 2024.  Is it possible this issue is still not resolved?

Anyone else experiencing this behavior or have ideas?  I've tried clearing the browser cache, hard refreshing the page, making sure I was signed in on my browser... No luck.  None of the considerations in the embedding page apply to us: Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @will-trickett ,

Fix has been identified and it is expected before next week. Please be patient.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rongtiep-msft any updates?  We're still experiencing the same error and it's been over a month now.

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft ,

Has the fix been implemented?  I am still seeing the error on my end, this issue is not resolved.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @will-trickett ,

Thank you for @christinepayton 's sharing.

Have submitted this issue internal to confirm, would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

I would have them try it in another browser and see if it happens there too. Usually browser quirks can be fixed by clearing the cache, or if that doesn't work doing a full browser reset. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors