Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SQLSi

US Date format on Parameter input box

Is there a way to change the text input boxes for report parameters to accept dates in UK format.  They report invalid date when attempting to use e.g. 20/01/2020 and instead want to force it to use MM/dd/yyyy (US Format).

I've double checked all region / locale and browser (Chrome) language settings inclduing the PBIX global and file settings to ensure they're all British English and United Kingdom.

US_Date.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SQLSi ,

I'm afraid it's set up to be unchangeable. However, you can change the parameters to text instead of date.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi Jay,

The problem is that when you change the parameter from datetime to text, the date-picker disappears. Many users want to choose between date-picker and manual input. When the parameter-format is datetime, the manual input 01-10-2023 (oktober 1st) changes automatically to 10-01-2023 (januari 10th). Outside the US the world uses DD-MM-YYYY instead of MM-DD-YYYY. Please make this regional-dependent, Microsoft-team! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Jay,

How do we get microsoft to fix this for the 90% of the world that isnt the U.S.
Im in Australia and have the same problem and it annoys my users no end 

Mickeal 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors