Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KaySunset
Helper I
Helper I

Translation of AS Model do not work properly when editing report in PBI Service

Hi all,

for some of our users, the translated data model does not show up properly when editing a report in PBI service (report data is based on Analysis Service Cube). In PBI Desktop it works well. For other users, it also appears translated in the service, so it is not an issue across the organization. Following is a screenshot of the non-translated dataset, the tables & columns highlighted in the red rectangle should be translated from English to German.

We already tried the following to solve the problem:

1. Checked if the language in PBI Service is set to German.

2. Checked if the browser language is set to German.

3. Deleted browser cache. 

Thanks a lot in advance, appreciate any help!

KaySunset_2-1709812237827.png

7 REPLIES 7
dim123dim123
Helper I
Helper I

actually we have same problem. Less than month back all worked correctly.
We have Power BI report connected over Gateway to on Prem SQL Analysis Services.
Created DAX measure USERCULTURE() and this return allways en-US even we change languge in url .
This is bug on PowerBI service side.

If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi
Otherwise you can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues .

v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KaySunset ,

Thanks for sharing @lbendlin , here are some more suggestions to help you with your problem.

Please check the workspace. Power BI reports and datasets that support multiple languages can only be run in the workspace associated with the dedicated capacity created Use the Power BI Premium or Power BI Embedded service. This means that multilingual reports are in the workspace from the shared capacity. If you are working in a Power BI workspace that does not show a diamond, indicating that it is a Premium workspace workspace, you will find that multilingual reports are not available as expected because there is no support for loading translations from the following locations Second language. For more information see the link:  GitHub - PowerBiDevCamp/Multilanguage-Reports: Developer Sample for Building Multilanguage Reports i....

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi  @v-kaiyue-msft ,

many thanks for your reply! 

This is a little complicated. As said before, we have an Analysis Service Model. This model's connection string is shared with our subsidiaries, who then use it in their external Power BI Service / Desktop. They do not have a premium capacity at all within their tenant. Could this be an issue?

It is weird though, because some of the users on their end see the translations.

BR,

Kathrin

KaySunset
Helper I
Helper I

Is anyone able to help on this issue? 

KaySunset
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @lbendlin ,

thanks for your reply, I'll have a look into it! Not sure how this would work with an AS cube (compared to a semantic model), however, and those AS translations have been working well for +2 years. As we're sharing the AS cube with external tenants (subsidiary companies) for them to use it in PBI and Excel and the PBI external dataset sharing capabilities are not working in all areas such as Excel, we will also not be able to change from AS cube to PBI semantic model. 

Thus, the problem remains. As it is working fine for most users, I feel like we're missing a certain setting or this might even be a bug within the PBI service when displaying AS cube translations?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are you aware of Ted Pattison and his Power BI DevCamp?  He talked about modern ways of translations recently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors