Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndreyM
Frequent Visitor

Subscribe unable to attach PDF as option is Greyed Out

Hi,

I have a Premium Per User licencse.

As part of this I should be able to subsribe myself or other people with the premium user license to a report and attach a PDF.

However this option is greyed out.

I have created a Premium Space where I have saved the report I have added the person to be able to view the report to that premium space and still no luck.

Any help much appreciated.

KR,

Andrey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreyM
Frequent Visitor

My dataset was not in the premium area hence the attachment as pdf or ppt was greyed out.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AndreyM
Frequent Visitor

My dataset was not in the premium area hence the attachment as pdf or ppt was greyed out.

AndreyM
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Full report attachment as (for Power BI reports only): If the report is in a workspace backed by a Premium Gen2 capacity or Premium Per User (PPU) license - Yes i have the PPU as per previous screenshot add the full report as an attachment instead of only a single report page. Select PDF or PowerPoint for the attachment format.  - I cannot do this as you can see on the screenshot in previous reply it does not allow me to select "full report attached" as option it is greyed out or not available

The attachment respects all privacy labels for the report. The size of the attachment is limited to no more than 20 pages and less than 25 MB. My file has got a size of 903KB

To create a subscription that includes others, in addition to the requirements necessary to create your own subscriptions, you'll also need:

• A Contributor, Member, or Admin role in that workspace. You’ll know you have the Contributor, Member or Admin role in a workspace if you're able to edit reports or dashboards in that workspace. Read more about roles in workspaces.

• If the report or dashboard isn't hosted in a Premium capacity, as indicated by the diamond icon, you can still subscribe others. However, they must also have a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license.

And Yes all of the above are abided by.

Please help 😃 

Hi @AndreyM ,

Please confirm your Power BI admin enable below tenant setting.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1669794656902.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, sorry to respark this thread but I'm still having issues -- premium, with admin as the role, verified tenant setting was enabled - still greyed out!

Hi, please ensure that your data set is in the same area. If not then it wont work. Otherwise best to raise a support ticket.

AndreyM
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Please see below from the screenshots.

AndreyM_0-1668671301985.png

When I open this report called factsheet and try to subscribe people like JN or CS as they are admins (see from screenshots above) the option of attaching as PDF is not available.

AndreyM_1-1668671574746.png

Please help 😃 

Thanks,

Andrey

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndreyM ,

Full report attachment as (for Power BI reports only): If the report is in a workspace backed by a Premium Gen2 capacity or Premium Per User (PPU) license, add the full report as an attachment instead of only a single report page. Select PDF or PowerPoint for the attachment format. The attachment respects all privacy labels for the report. The size of the attachment is limited to no more than 20 pages and less than 25 MB.

To create a subscription that includes others, in addition to the requirements necessary to create your own subscriptions, you'll also need:

• A Contributor, Member, or Admin role in that workspace. You’ll know you have the Contributor, Member or Admin role in a workspace if you're able to edit reports or dashboards in that workspace. Read more about roles in workspaces.

• If the report or dashboard isn't hosted in a Premium capacity, as indicated by the diamond icon, you can still subscribe others. However, they must also have a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license.

For more details, you can read related document: Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors