Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Spaces inserted into matrix when published to service

We have a matrix published that has suddenly appeared with blank spaces. In Power BI desktop there are no spaces but when published to the service there are blank spaces?? This a report we have had for years and this has just happened.

Anyone experienced this?

Power BI servicePower BI servicePower BI desktopPower BI desktop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

This is actually a preoblem with desktop not the service. Somehow all out matrix have total set to Top in most cases. But when I view them in Power Bi desktop the Row Subtotal is set to Bottom , even when the subtotal is clearly Top??? I have now to reset all these to Top. We have lots of these.

Row subtotal set to Bottom, but is in fact showing Top??Row subtotal set to Bottom, but is in fact showing Top??

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

This is actually a preoblem with desktop not the service. Somehow all out matrix have total set to Top in most cases. But when I view them in Power Bi desktop the Row Subtotal is set to Bottom , even when the subtotal is clearly Top??? I have now to reset all these to Top. We have lots of these.

Row subtotal set to Bottom, but is in fact showing Top??Row subtotal set to Bottom, but is in fact showing Top??

v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gooranga1 

I tested the issue you raised and did not encounter the same situation.

vnuocmsft_0-1715673872488.png

vnuocmsft_1-1715673915831.png

Here I offer you some suggestions, please try the following:

Ensure that both Power BI Desktop and Power BI Services are up to date. Discrepancies can sometimes occur if there are differences in versions.

Here is the version I use.

vnuocmsft_2-1715673984964.png

Look for any changes in the data model or the data source that might have occurred around the time the issue started.

Verify if there are any visual-level filters applied that might be causing the blank spaces to appear after publishing.

Here I would suggest you to create a simple visual and publish it to the service to see if there are any issues.

If no issues are encountered then republish your report.

If you still have problems, it is best to provide the pbix file and be careful to delete sensitive data.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

this isn't happening to just one report, it's everything. Hundreds of matrixes all affected. The only way to adjust it is to edit the report in the service and change the Layout and Style Presets to Tabular from Outline as @FabioL99 suggested. But I cannot find that option in desktop? And changing all the individual matrixes to this would take us years so isn;t an option?

MS have changed something on the service that has messed this up and it needs rectifying. I have also opened a ticket.

EditService.png

Hi @gooranga1 

I noticed.

If you've already submitted a ticket, they can offer more targeted advice.

Regards,

Nono Chen

Feb 2024?? That isn't the latest version? I am running Apr 2024?

Version.png

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

thanks @FabioL99!

Wwe have hundreds of these that have now all got this so that will probably take up to 6 months to fix? And what happens if we re-publish, it will just overwrite again unless that option is available in desktop?

FabioL99

There was a new update in Power BI service. You can change the matrix layout type in Power BI service, and save it there, then it should work again. I had the same issue today.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors