Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mthomas1973
Helper I
Helper I

Scorecard Data Model

Good morning. 

We are starting to use PowerBI scorecards which is great and I like the fact that I can use the data model for these to create our own custom dashboard. 

Is it possible to 'add' to the model that it presents? For example, I would like to hav a financial year date heirarchy but can't see how to do that. Is it not possible or are there ways of me making this work?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @mthomas1973 

You need to turn on the preview option "Direct Query for PBI datasets and AS" in Power BI Desktop

Burningsuit_1-1648723588900.png

This will enable you, once you've connected to the Goals Dataset, to further connect to other datasources and relate them in to the model.

see: Power BI Composite Models | What’s The Big Deal? | Burningsuit

You can then add your own date table, or indeed any other data you want to relate with the Goals..

Burningsuit_0-1648723492704.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @mthomas1973 

You need to turn on the preview option "Direct Query for PBI datasets and AS" in Power BI Desktop

Burningsuit_1-1648723588900.png

This will enable you, once you've connected to the Goals Dataset, to further connect to other datasources and relate them in to the model.

see: Power BI Composite Models | What’s The Big Deal? | Burningsuit

You can then add your own date table, or indeed any other data you want to relate with the Goals..

Burningsuit_0-1648723492704.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

That was really helpful thank you. I banged my head against a wall for a bit before I realised that scorecards in your own workspace won't work with this. Once I used it from a different workspace all fell into place!

Thank you again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors