Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

brushb17
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh vs. Power automate flow that refreshes

Hi, pretty much as the title states. I have a few pbi reports embedded in a model-driven app and need to choose between those options. Users have a pro license and i know its 8 refreshes daily. I'm debating between refreshing when a new record is added (power automate) or daily refreshes in the early morning and late evening. 

Power automate gives me an insant refresh when the record is added, so users can just do to the report and view. 

Scheduled refresh would only be at certain times. 

Would it be smart to do just the automate flow?

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @brushb17 

You could certainly do this using power automate. My only concern would be if someone inserts more than eight separate rows in a single day. The subsequent rows would not be refreshed because it exceeded the eight refreshes Just something to consider.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I created a flow and it runs more than once (i have 4 total reports) weird thing is one run is successful and the others are failing with this message:

brushb17_0-1711649120924.png

Hi, @brushb17 

Thanks @GilbertQ . The main reason for your error is that you are submitting too many refresh requests at the same time. In Power BI Service, refresh operations that accept only one model at a time are allowed. If a refresh is currently running and another request is submitted, an error occurs.

Enhanced refresh with the Power BI REST API - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vjianpengmsft_0-1712036066553.png

vjianpengmsft_1-1712036126395.png

You need to schedule refreshes for your semantic models separately, staggering the refresh times for each model. This will prevent this error from occurring.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors