Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

NoirPlatypus

Scheduled refresh issue: The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface

Hi, 

I have some experience creating dashboards with other similar tools but I am new to creating reports with PowerBI. Recently I have been working on creating some reports for a client where I keep coming back to the same error in scheduled refresh. I have been trying to fix this for a week, but nothing seems to be helping. 

When I schedule a refresh for my reports, the reports refresh automatically for 2 days but on the third day, they fail and throw the following error:

Data source error:	The credentials provided for the GoogleBigQuery source are invalid. (Source at GoogleBigQuery.). The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: revenue_invoice_date_pbi.
Cluster URI:	WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:	1b2b419e-3831-411f-a107-6d0624ffb1ff
Request ID:	aa95d77b-245f-4bee-ae6b-8c91680731f2
Time:	2023-07-23 22:33:41Z

NoirPlatypus_0-1690451167119.png

This has happened a couple of times already. When I refresh manually, the refreshes work fine, it is only an issue with scheduled refreshes and especially from 2-3 days after I set up. 

A couple of things I tried already:

• Before I was using merges and table relationships within PowerBI and thought this might be the issue, so I removed the merge and relationships with a custom SQL query which I used to connect the tables straight from BigQuery. This worked for 2 days and then again on day 3, the refresh failed. 
  • Then I thought that the custom SQL might be the issue, so I created a new table in BigQuery and then used this directly in the dashboard. Again, worked for 2 days and failed on day 3. (keep in mind that manual refresh still works fine, only the scheduled refresh fails).
  • I also tried republishing the dashboards again, but still no luck.

The way the BigQuery account is set up is that I need to log in again every day (there is no 2FA setup, but still need to login in the browser) so I thought this might be it. But turns out the guy who worked before me had the same account settings and his dashboards are refreshing fine (I even checked all the other settings and they are the same).

Does someone know what might be causing the error? What am I overlooking?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors