Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pixmeister
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled Refresh option has disappeared

Something changed in the Power BI service yesterday. A report I’ve had published for some time, which uses a combination of Import and DirectQuery sources, suddenly dropped its ability to run scheduled refreshes. The option is simply gone from the interface. For obvious reasons I understand that a DirectQuery report would have no need for a scheduled refresh but this is a combination that has been running with an hourly refresh for quite some time now and yesterday the option just vanished.

I removed the DirectQuery sources and republished and, sure enough, the 'Scheduled Refresh' option comes back. Surely this can't be by design?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Did you check under "Optimize Performance" Option?

ponnusamy_0-1630717997496.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DataMinistry

I have this happen frequently on various long-standing reports as well. What has worked is to have another user do a "Take Over" of the dataset. In my cases, all reports have sourced data through a gateway, and the gateway link seems to be broken. The "set up" appears, but if you change one of the drop downs, the apply button will not activate. Once someone else takes the dataset over, I take it back over and the gateway can be reapplied and the Scheduled Refresh options reappear. The cause is just a theory, but the Take Over trick works.

ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Did you check under "Optimize Performance" Option?

ponnusamy_0-1630717997496.png

Thanks, I've found it.

Any ideas why this is the case for some datasets? 

hannahgilbert
Frequent Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue and with the same setup i.e. a dataset with both direct query and import mode. Any support would be appreciated. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors